Spend the day on a birding safari in the Pacific Northwest! Oregon’s coastline is home to an extraordinary diversity of bird species from shorebirds on the beach to songbirds in the forest.
Oregon’s Coast Range is a birder’s paradise. Within a single day, a bird photographer can capture beautiful images of seabirds on the rugged cliffs, shorebirds feeding at the tideline, raptors soaring overhead, and songbirds on the edges of the forest and within the emerald canopies. Thanks to our ideal latitude and location along the Pacific Flyway, we are home to an abundance of bird life in every season. Whether it is species here for summer nesting, overwintering, or passing through during spring and fall migrations, there is something amazing to photograph.
We visit wildlife hotspots that provide the highest likelihood of opportunities for portraits and behavior shots.
- Capture images of a wide variety of bird species
- Boost your skills in understanding and predicting bird behavior to create story-telling images
- Expand your understanding of which camera settings to use for different situations, such as birds in flight, birds perched or singing, challenging light conditions, and more
- Learn how to use techniques such as pan blur and back-lighting add drama to your bird images
- Learn strategies for minimizing your impact on birds so you can capture intimate, compelling portraits
Thanks to the small-group setting, photography instruction throughout the day is tailored to your needs, skill level and interests.
After your workshop date is confirmed, you’ll receive a link to an online intake survey where you can fill me in on you current skill level, interests, what you’d like to learn and see, and more. These details help me customize the day’s itinerary around your needs.
You’ll also receive information on what to wear, what equipment to bring, and other travel logistics.
I limit workshops to four (4) participants in order to provide plenty of opportunity for one-on-one teaching throughout the day. Workshops will run even if the group count is not filled.
Once a workshop is confirmed, it is rarely cancelled – even if there is rain in the forecast! After all, inclement weather can provide unique opportunities for dramatic images. The Terms and Conditions outlines cancellations, refunds and other important details.
Read more details about this workshop or if you have questions before registering, please feel free to ask me!